Hydrotherapy is a form of treatment that utilises the properties of water to aid movement and strengthening. Through harnessing the effects of buoyancy, turbulence, hydrostatic pressure and a thermo neutral environment, programs can be designed that:
- Decrease excess weight bearing (pool running, strengthening while suffering stress fractures etc).
- Increase blood return through pressure provided by the water (minimising swelling, increasing cardiac output and therefore cardiovascular effects of training).
- Training of balance in an environment that is safe due to the slower movement in the denser medium of water.
- Mobilise stiff joints with assistance from both the warmth of the water to loosen muscles and increased ease of movement using buoyancy.
- Aid post surgical rehabilitation through the ability to commence exercise earlier in an altered gravity environment, decreasing active movement stressors.
At truecare Health we device an exercise program tailored to your needs to empower you to carry out an independent exercise program effectively to achieve your goals.